Prizes: 1st prize £200, 2nd prize £100, 3rd prize £50 .
There is no entry fee.
Deadline: 30th April 2019
Provided you give permission, the winning and highly commended entries will be posted on the Autumn Voices Blog.
RULES OF ENTRY
- You must be a member/subscriber to the Autumn Voices Blog to enter this competition. Membership is free. Join here if you are not already a member (You have to be over 60 to be a member).
- Please do not submit more than one entry. No entry should exceed 2000 words in length (excluding the title).
- Work submitted must be in English and must be your own work . No work submitted should have been previously published/broadcast or e-published.
- All entries (email and postal) should use at least 12pt font and double spacing. No name or other mark which could identify the author should appear on any of the pages. Entries should be accompanied by a separate cover sheet setting out your name, age, address, email address, and title of your entry. Postal entries must be typewritten on A4 paper.
- If sending your entry by email, please send as a Word, rtf or pdf
- Entries will not be returned so please keep a copy of your entry.
- No alterations can be made to an entry once submitted.
- The judge’s decision is final. The judge cannot enter into any correspondence regarding entries.
- Closing date for the competition is midnight on 30th April 2019.
- Entry to this competition is free.
- Failure to comply with the above rules will result in automatic disqualification.
- Successful entrants will be notified by 1st June 2019. The names of the Winners and Highly Commended will be posted on the Autumn Voices blog (autumnvoices.co.uk). Provided permission is granted, the prize-winning and highly commended entries will be posted on this blog, along with the judge’s report.
HOW TO ENTER
Email your entry, with a separate cover sheet, as a Word, pdf or rtf document (see rules 4 & 5) to: email@example.com to arrive by midnight on 30th April 2019. Use the Subject heading: AUTUMN VOICES SHORT MEMOIR COMPETITION.
Email submission of entries is preferred.
Send your entry with a separate cover sheet (see rule 4) to:
32a East Abercromby Street
Helensburgh G84 7SQ
Confirmation that your entry has been received
Email entries will be acknowledged by email.
Postal entrants wishing confirmation that their entries have been received should either include their email address on their cover sheet or enclose a stamped addressed postcard.
Once an entry has been submitted please do not contact the competition secretary unless the poem you submitted has been accepted for publication elsewhere or placed in another competition prior to 30th April 2019, which would automatically disqualify it.
Judging the competition
The Autumn Voices Short Memoir Competition 2019 will be adjudicated by the award-winning author, Robin Lloyd-Jones, who lives in Helensburgh, Scotland. Robin is the author of fifteen published books, both fiction and non-fiction. For several years he was a tutor in creative writing for the Lifelong Learning Programme at Glasgow University. He has adjudicated competitions for the Scottish Association of Writers, the Royal National Lifeboat Institution and for a variety of writers’ clubs and groups. www.robinlloydjones.com