WELCOME to the Autumn Voices. Thanks for dropping by. My name is Robin Lloyd- Jones and I’m a writer, aged eightyfour, living in Helensburgh, Scotland. You can find out more about me at www.robinlloydjones.com
Autumn Voices is for anyone interested in creativity in later life. Everyone is very welcome to visit the site but you must be a subscriber to use the members' facilities. Subscribe Here
- Enter the writing competitions which are run on Autumn Voices.
- Use the free book showcase and visual art gallery facilities to promote your creative work.
- Have your blog or website listed on the Autumn Voices blogroll.
- Register your interest in being invited to be a Guest Blogger.
- Submit reviews of books, films and TV programmes you have found helpful on matters relating to later life.
- Be part of a community discussing and promoting creativity in later life.
New for October 2019
- ANNE DUNFORD WRITES ABOUT WIGTOWN U3A
- CONSCIOUS ELDERING 2
- THE CRAFT CAFĖ, GOVAN
- BOXES IN THE ATTIC 5 BY SALLIE LLOYD-JONES
- Helen Wilson RSW RGI PAI
- GUEST POET: SHEILA TEMPLETON
- GUEST BLOGGER: ANGELENA BODEN
- A CINEMA LIKE NO OTHER
- SECOND PLACE MEMOIR: JAN PESTER
- THIRD PLACE MEMOIR: LYNN HENDERSON
- BOXES IN THE ATTIC 4
- PHOTOGRAPHING THE LOVAGE
- AUTUMN VOICES SHORT MEMOIR COMPETITION
- THE WINNER: IRENE CUNNINGHAM
- Winning Entry to Over 80 Category: My Little Life by John Enos
- Nancy Adams: Conscious Eldering
- Boxes in the Attic: The Tennis Balls
- LAUNCH OF THE NEW FRONTIER
- GUEST BLOGGER: KAY RITCHIE
- Sallie Lloyd-Jones: The black cushions
- GUEST POET: GERRIE FELLOWS
- Launch: THE NEW FRONTIER
- OLDER ARTISTS’ BURSARIES
- GUEST POET: JAN PESTER
- Sallie Lloyd-Jones: BOXES IN THE ATTIC
- GUEST BLOGGER: FIONA HARRISON
- I’VE LOOKED AT CLOUDS THAT WAY
- ANNOUNCING AN EXTRA PRIZE!
- A MEMOIR: LYNN HENDERSON
- GUEST BLOGGER: MOIRA MCPARTLIN
- ON CREATIVE CRUMBLING
- STORIES OF WELLBEING IN LATER LIFE
- ALICE SLUCKIN OBE
- KINETIC LANDSCAPE
- SCOTLAND 2030: GROWING OLDER IN FUTURE SCOTLAND
- MARY OLIVER
- Alison Prince , Arran and Trumpton
- GUEST POET FOR JANUARY 2019: CATRIONA MALAN
- THE OLD TREE TRUNK ON THE SHORE
- Guest Blog From Pauline Prior-Pitt
- THE OLDEST DANCE GROUP IN THE WORLD
- NEW CREATIVE ENERGY IN THE AUTUMN OF MY LIFE
- AUTUMN VOICES EVENT AT AYE WRITE
- POETRY COMPETITON - PATTIE PALMER-BAKER
- Aye Write Event Glasgow!
- POETRY COMPETITON: JANET KILLEEN
- BOOKS RELEVANT: CREATIVE & PRODUCTIVE IN LATER LIFE
- Luminate Bursary Opportunities for Older Artists
- THE NEW FRONTIER: LAWRENCE COE
- OVER 70 POETRY COMPETITION 2018 RESULTS
- WHAT MAKES US INTO CARING HUMAN BEINGS?
- IN PRAISE OF THE COLOURS OF THE CLYDE
My aim is to share with you the progress of my Autumn Voices project and its findings; and to enable discussion about how ageing relates to writing and other forms of creativity. My thanks to Creative Scotland for their generous funding, and to Lapidus Scotland and Luminate: Scotland’s Festival of Creative Ageing for their support.
The core of the project consists of twenty interviews with Scottish writers over seventy who are still actively writing. These interviews and other relevant material will be published as Autumn Voices: Scottish writers talk about their creativity in later life in the Spring of 2018 by the Glasgow-based Playspace Publications. A follow-up book based on similar interviews with visual and performing artists of all kinds is in the planning stage.
I have recently completed a series of interviews for a project I called The New Frontier: Making a Difference in Later Life. The interviewees were the winners and runners-up of the Times-Sternberg Award. This annual award is for people over seventy in the UK who are still making a positive contribution to society. From time to time I will include some of the material from this project in the Autumn Voices Blog. This book is coming out in the Spring of 2019.
My intention is to renew the blog contents every four weeks, although I shall permit myself a certain amount of flexibility over this.