This is not a competition. Anyone who is a member of Autumn Voices (membership is free) can send in a flash memoir (350 word limit) and up to two relevant photographs. E-mail entries only, digital photos only (Jpeg). These will be posted on the Autumn Voices blog. There is no fee.
This project will run for
four months from July to October (inititially, anyway) six months after a wonderful response to the project. Each month there will be a different theme for the memoir:
July: A memoir from the 1970s - See entries
August: Remembering something creative and enjoyable you did during the period of Covid-19 lockdown/isolation - See entries
September: A memoir starting with the sentence: ‘The very first time that I ….’ - See entries
October: An open theme. Choose any memory you would like to write about.
November: A Memoir of the 1960s, starting with the sentence 'I often wondered what happened to...'
December: A Memoir on a Christmas theme, including the words 'Whenever I hear that song...'
Thanks to Frances Ainslie who helped inspire us with her theme suggestions via our Facebook page.
How to submit your memoir
- Submit your entries as an email attachment to Andre at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You do not have to have accompanying photos, but it would nice if you did.
- You can submit the photos either as part of the memoir, or as separate attachments.
- The title line of the email should say FLASH MEMOIR
- In the body of the email please state: your name, your postal address, your age and the title of your memoir and which theme/month you are aiming at.
- The latest we can accept a memoir is one week before the end of the month you are aiming at.
- Please remember: no more than 350 words and no more than two photos.
- Only one memoir per month per person.
- Please send us your memoir in English, in point 12 type and 1.5 spacing.
- If you are not already a member of Autumn Voices, please follow the registration procedure when you visit the site. It’s free.
- Inappropriate content or exceeding the word/photo limit will result in your memoir not being posted.
- Once your memoir has been posted, you will be notified by email.