Competition Closed. Click here for the Shortlist
Deadline: midnight 30th January 2020 CLOSED
Prizes: 1st prize: £100, 2nd prize: £50
RULES OF ENTRY
- All entrants must be 60 or over by the closing date for the competition (30th January 2020).
- Multiple entries are permitted. No poem should exceed 40 lines in length (excluding the title). Please indicate the number of lines at the end of the poem.
- Work submitted must be in English and must be your own work (no translations of others’ work and no ‘erasures’ of another’s text).
- No work submitted should have been previously published/broadcast/e-published or posted online in any form.
- Entries must be typewritten on A4 paper, using at least 12pt font. Double or single spacing is acceptable. No name or other mark which could identify the author should appear on the page. Entries should be accompanied by a separate cover sheet (no staples etc. Please, if sending by post) setting out your name, age, address, email address, and title of your entry.
- If sending your entry by email, please send as a Word, rtf or pdf document.
- Entries will not be returned so please keep a copy of your entry.
- No alterations can be made to an entry once submitted.
- The judge’s decision is final. The judge cannot enter into any correspondence regarding entries.
- Closing date for the competition is midnight on 30th January 2020.
- The entry fee is £3 per entry for members/subscribers to Autumn Voices and £4 per entry for all other entrants..
- Failure to comply with the above rules will result in automatic disqualification.
The shortlist for the Poetry Competition will be posted on the Autumn Voices website in the week beginning 24nd February 2020. The winners will be announced in the week beginning 2nd March 2020.
Provided permission is granted, the prize-winning and Highly Commended poems will be posted on this blog, along with the judge’s report.
HOW TO ENTER THE COMPETITION & PAY YOUR ENTRY FEE
Uploaded entries are preferred.
Upload your entry on the form at the bottom of this page.
Postal entries should be sent to:
Autumn Voices Secretary
Newton Stewart DG8 6DA
If you want your postal entry to be acknowledged, please enclose a stamped and addressed postcard.
Entry Fee is £ 4 per entry for non-members; and £3.00 per entry for members.
Payment: PayPal for uploaded entries and by cheque for postal entries.
If paying by cheque, please make out the cheque to ‘Autumn Voices’ and post it to:
Autumn Voices Manager
26 East Clyde Street
Helensburgh G84 7PG
Once an entry has been submitted please do not contact the competition secretary unless the poem you submitted has been accepted for publication elsewhere or placed in another competition, which would automatically disqualify it.
The Adjudicator will be Sally Evans. Sally is a poet, and publisher, editor and blogger of poetry. She has six collections and several pamphlets of her own work. She edited 100 issues of Poetry Scotland from 1997 to 2018, and ran the famous Callander Poetry Weekends form 2000- 2018 Since then she has written a novel about poetry which has been accepted for publication.