- The theme for the November 2021 Competition is: When I Am 100.
- All entrants must be aged 18 or over by the closing date for the competition (31st November 2021).
- Entries can be in the form of fiction, non-fiction or poetry.
- Multiple entries are permitted. No poem should individually exceed 40 lines in length (excluding the title) and no prose entry should exceed 1000 words. Please indicate the number of words/lines at the end of your entry.
- All writing must be submitted in English and must be your own work (no translations of others’ work and no ‘erasures’ of another’s text).
- No writing submitted should have been previously published/broadcast/e-published or posted online in any form. Competition entries are to be completely original.
- Entries must be submitted online. Please use the online form and payment process to submit your details. If this does not work, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org on an appropriate document format such as a Word document or PDF using at least 12pt font. Entries submitted by email should be accompanied by a separate cover sheet with your name, age, address, email address, and title of your entry – and whether your entry is fiction, non-fiction or poetry. Payment can be made using the following bank details:
Name: Autumn Voices
Branch: The Direct Business
Sort Code: 80-22-60
Account number: 19310661
- Each entry should be submitted (either online or by email) on a separate document. If submitting by email, multiple entries should come where possible via a single email with all relevant files attached or limited to as few emails as possible for clarity. Only one cover sheet is required for several entries by the same person, but it must state the number of entries submitted in total and the titles of each, so that we can be sure we have received all relevant entry files.
- Double or single spacing is acceptable. Entries are read blind, so no name or other mark which could identify the author should appear on the file.
- No Autumn Voices staff or Steering Group members are permitted to enter the competition.
- Entries will not be returned electronically so please save a copy of your entry.
- No alterations can be made to an entry once submitted.
- The judging panel’s decision is final. The judge cannot enter into correspondence regarding entries with any of the competition entrants.
- Closing date for the competition is midnight on 31st December 2021
30th November 2021. (Extended on November 16th)
- The fee is £6 per entry.
- Failure to comply with the above rules will result in automatic disqualification.
- The copyright of each entry remains with the writer. The winners and runners-up agree, however, by entering the competition, to grant Autumn Voices permission to publish their winning entries on the Autumn Voices website, Autumn Voices social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, and in the Autumn Voices monthly newsletters, and to provide a photo, brief bio and video recording of themselves reading from their winning entry for use in publicity.