WELCOME to the Autumn Voices Blog. Thanks for dropping by. My name is Robin Lloyd- Jones and I’m a writer, aged eighty-four, living in Helensburgh, Scotland. You can find out more about me at www.robinlloydjones.com
The Autumn Voices Blog is for anyone interested in creativity in later life. You don’t have to be old to contribute, although a little insider knowledge is often useful.
New For 2019
- Alison Prince , Arran and Trumpton
- GUEST POET FOR JANUARY 2019: CATRIONA MALAN
- THE OLD TREE TRUNK ON THE SHORE
- Guest Blog From Pauline Prior-Pitt
- THE OLDEST DANCE GROUP IN THE WORLD
- NEW CREATIVE ENERGY IN THE AUTUMN OF MY LIFE
- AUTUMN VOICES EVENT AT AYE WRITE
- POETRY COMPETITON - PATTIE PALMER-BAKER
- Aye Write Event Glasgow!
- POETRY COMPETITON: JANET KILLEEN
- BOOKS RELEVANT: CREATIVE & PRODUCTIVE IN LATER LIFE
- Luminate Bursary Opportunities for Older Artists
- THE NEW FRONTIER: LAWRENCE COE
- OVER 70 POETRY COMPETITION 2018 RESULTS
- WHAT MAKES US INTO CARING HUMAN BEINGS?
- IN PRAISE OF THE COLOURS OF THE CLYDE
- THE NEW FRONTIER
- Paul Torday Memorial Prize for the Best Debut Novel over 60
- THIS MONTH’S GUEST BLOGGER: JOHN LUBBOCK OBE
- NEAR IS THE NEW FAR: PART 2
- THE NEXT CHAPTER AWARD by LYNSEY ROGERS
- GUEST POET: NEIL MAC NEIL
- NEAR IS THE NEW FAR: PART 1
- IN MEMORIUM: HENNY LEE GERSHUNY
- Autumn Voices Poetry Competition Secretary’s Report
My aim is to share with you the progress of my Autumn Voices project and its findings; and to enable discussion about how ageing relates to writing and other forms of creativity. My thanks to Creative Scotland for their generous funding, and to Lapidus Scotland and Luminate: Scotland’s Festival of Creative Ageing for their support.
The core of the project consists of twenty interviews with Scottish writers over seventy who are still actively writing. These interviews and other relevant material will be published as Autumn Voices: Scottish writers talk about their creativity in later life in the Spring of 2018 by the Glasgow-based Playspace Publications. A follow-up book based on similar interviews with visual and performing artists of all kinds is in the planning stage.
I have recently completed a series of interviews for a project I called The New Frontier: Making a Difference in Later Life. The interviewees were the winners and runners-up of the Times-Sternberg Award. This annual award is for people over seventy in the UK who are still making a positive contribution to society. From time to time I will include some of the material from this project in the Autumn Voices Blog. This book is coming out in the Spring of 2019.
My intention is to renew the blog contents every four weeks, although I shall permit myself a certain amount of flexibility over this.